Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Yep. Do these too...  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Racing

• View Profile
Yep. Do these too...
« on: July 23, 2022, 03:44:17 PM »
Back story here is that we´ve taken an old homeless man under our wings at the shop.
Lives in a trailer/caravan outside the shop, on the premises.
Well. Fredrik and regular hygiene as far as foods and so on, not to much.

So we got infested by rats. Now. Shop is kind of "downtown" so an unsurpressed 22LR gun even is simply out.. rat poison, ditto as i´ve got three small muts running around.
So. Shoot them.

Yeah. Living in Sweden on occasion has its percs! So that there is a by me modded to kingdom come FX Impact in 25cal. Yep.. sports a PARD NV-008LRF night sight...
Main fudder for it is ZAN made 41 grain hollow points that exit @ north end of 1000fps.

That said..  (7+"
I repair, modify and restore guns right.

Thought a Lothar Walter barreled Hatsan BT-65 would be neat. 25cal too and.. yeah well, regulator yadda yadda, home brew shroud and moderator and what have you not.
Again a gun that sees ZAN 41 grainers as main fudder, and is normally actually even more powerful to the setup than the Impact of mine.
Makes VERY VERY short notice of the rats.

I´m sure someone´ll take offense, but whatever.. These critters are NOT the smallest around. The mut of mine (Diesel) is a male Lhasa of approx 30lbs.. and that rat weighed in at almost 4..
Not that i per se have anything against rats really, it´s just that they friggin destroy anything in their path. So.. hafta go...
Get this.
Just outside the front entrance of the shop and out rear by the shop compressor i´ve shot 120 of them since last october. ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY!  :-X

But yeah. Why stop there?

Coffee break at the shop. Dangerous, cause a dare was set forth. "How much performance can be wrought out of the most lowly PCP available?".
So i picked this Artemis PR-900 up for a song (Diana Stormrider and what not) in 22cal. N we huffed n puffed.. and soon enough that thing was shoving 25,4 pills downrange inxs of 1040fps. Even sports a titanium valve poppet.
Modified though doesn´t even START to describe it!  (7+"

So.
Artemis seemed cool.

Yeah. A bullpup P-15 was picked up and modded beyond belief. Yep. Here we go again.. just short of "the wall" performance wise.

Ok.
But what if fast follow up shots then?
YEAH! We need a semi!!

Kral Puncher Auto. Sure. Why not?  :-* Sure kept the rats occupied at least, i´ll tell ya that much.

Hm. Got impressed by the AEA HP series, but them ain´t imported here.. so what if..?
Yep. A from the onset Co2 powered Artemis CP-2. Got itself a 300cc tank and we took it from there. Uhu.. again running up against "the wall".
Turned into a very rugged lightweight piece. Have to say.

So right now i´m sittin here awaiting delivery of the all new Artemis M-60 "Impact killer". We´ll see about that as it touches down..

Offline Racing

• View Profile
Re: Yep. Do these too...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 05:34:04 PM »
By the way.
Why PCP´s?
Well, in two words... silent and when sorted out deadly accurate. As in laser.

Put another way, this is an air rifle target. Ie; small. It´s a full clip worth, 10 pills, at 20 meters. Now. Granted how it prints will of course open up with distance but please take to heart that MANY of these guns are sub MOA at 100.
100 with an air rifle?
Nah. The smaller calibers, like 22 n 25, try more like 400 meters... the larger boys of 45 and 50.. them boys are charging the gongs at 1000 by now.

So imagine if you will a white tail hunt and you carry a bullpup 50. This thing carries AMPLE killing power, and is even in the US often ok to run "muffled" (read - using for instance a Donny FL moderator).
No hearing protection no nothing. Just.. the way you´re dressed and that bullpup, and having spent a little time with it.. expect it to be LASER accurate out to an easy 200 meters.

Wave of the future?
IMO, no. No it won´t replace powder burners.
An alternative tho? Like hunting "sensitive" spots. Indeed so i´d say.

Btw. Yep. That´s the lockup for a Westley Richards Monkey tail 45cal in the background.  :cool10:
Correct.
N yeah. We´ll get to them too...

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 06:21:54 PM »
To say I'm impressed would be an understatement.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Racing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 05:20:43 AM »
PCP´s are fun in my book.
Different, and i guess that´s why i find them interesting.

What to have in mind is that there´s more similarities to BP than you´d first think. These too are limited for pill speed, why barrel length is of importance if performance in on the agenda.

Toys though? Not so much anymore, these need to be taken seriously. Great sport at that, and the air power crowd is increasing by the day.
In turn progression of them is insanely fast. Forget about pellets, within reason, the entire industry is moving towards heavier and heavier so called "slugs" (hollow point bullets in short) as muzzle energies climb.

Cause make no mistake. The really big ones produce inxs of 1500 footpounds these days. We´ve seen specific ones pass 3000 Joules, and that´s saying something.

Seeing the pressures involved you need to get it straight from the start. That tank there for instance got a fine cut to reduce stress raisers for instance.
Out of high pressure seamless tubing and with approx 20mm worth of end caps. Uhu, for that CP-2 "space" gun up top..
Right now fabbing a new valve for it out of Alumec/titanium

Offline Racing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 02:35:38 PM »

The "space gun". Or "skeleton gun" if you wish. As you might gather very very light. Welded in a bracket to the tank to be able to use a bi-pod and so on.
Needed when going accuracy work as the gun is so light it jumps around under firing otherwise.

Due that it´s about hard to catch the thing properly.

Per "normal" Artemis/Diana of course the charging handle broke. Turned a way beefier one that i knurled while at it.
That said, have to admit to being very fond of the colors from the TIG welding..  (7&

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 11:23:40 AM »
Now those are some airguns that I'd be happy to have!!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 11:39:42 AM »
Now those are some airguns that I'd be happy to have!!

It figures you would 🥱