Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: New Pietta 1851 Navy  (Read 4930 times)

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Pietta 1851 Navy
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2022, 06:26:51 AM »
Thank you very much Sooty. yes, it was/is the factory antiqued finish

Offline brownie

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2022, 09:21:40 AM »
Oldman,...Question for you.
In your post # 38,  you said " This thing was not releasing the bolt until the hammer actually hit the nipple".
By that statement, did you mean that the that the hammer cam was not releasing the bolt to timely engage a cylinder notch as you pulled the hammer to
the full cock position??
Thanks,
Brownie

Offline oldman

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2022, 02:01:35 PM »
Oldman,...Question for you.
In your post # 38,  you said " This thing was not releasing the bolt until the hammer actually hit the nipple".
By that statement, did you mean that the that the hammer cam was not releasing the bolt to timely engage a cylinder notch as you pulled the hammer to
the full cock position??
Thanks,
Brownie

Brownie, As I am new to all this percussion thing, I may have not made it clear. What I meant was when returning the hammer down from full cock position the hammer had to go all the way against the nipple before the bolt would release the cylinder so the hammer could be recocked again. I hope this makes sense? If you added a cap to the nipples and then lowered the hammer, it would not release the bolt for the cylinder to turn, totally locked up cylinder. We talking thousands of an inch here was all that the issue was.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2022, 02:12:03 PM »
Well just looking right now, but an 1861 looks really good. I have to get some round balls casted but man it's been so hot I don't want to go do anything after work. I enjoy doing things myself but I have to work still so my range time and casting time is not as important as paying the bills. Staying caught up at home with me traveling is hard to do. Thanks for all the help and keep on BP shooting.

oldman, good morning. I totally understand the work issue. I still work as well. I used to travel for work quite a bit myself but thankfully no longer. It seems we spend the better part of our days at work.  :icon_scratch: I realize you are looking at Uberti for the 1861 but the new Pietta's do not need the short arbor fix as you may be aware of  L@J ...just sayin' Z
Meanwhile, here's my 1861 Pietta  L@J

I agree a beautiful pistol, I really like the look of the finish. Only reason I mentioned Uberti is they are actually cheaper for the 1861 than the Pietta version? Which is backwards from most versions? I do prefer the Pietta's as well.