Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Cleaning agents?  (Read 3884 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning agents?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2023, 02:18:03 PM »
The number doesn't change. It's all Hopes #9.They have the bp bore cleaner, a grease remover, a smokeless bore cleaner, an action cleaner, a lube and a cleaner/lube combo.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2023, 03:08:35 PM »
Also,  Hoppes No. 9’s product line is not recommended for ‘birthing persons’ -  those formerly known as pregnant ladies. L@J
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2023, 03:32:47 PM »
Also,  Hoppes No. 9’s product line is not recommended for ‘birthing persons’ -  those formerly known as pregnant ladies. L@J
Thanks! I'll make sure not to get pregnant

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2023, 03:47:07 PM »
Hahaha. What about baby daddy's ? Where in the world did that come from anyway. Reckon im too old. I use Ballistol for my BP guns. I have a couple of bottles of Hoppes Bp cleaner. I do use Hoppes # 9 for my cartridge guns.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2023, 11:04:25 AM »
Ballistol works great. But smells like feet, a$$, and old hot dog water. I'm not even allowed to open the bottle in the house. Hoppes #9 has a pungent odor too, but to me it's a pleasing odor. I think they should make those little Xmas tree airfresheners in Hoppes #9 scent. Quite manly.

I tried the Hoppes BP cleaner once. It didn't do anything that hot water and dish soap can't do. And as Capt pointed out, it's too expensive.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2023, 11:37:44 AM »
I like the smell of Hoppes. Another thing about Ballistol is while it's good stuff it costs twice as much as almost everything else.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.