Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Kibler Kit  (Read 8212 times)

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Kibler Kit
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2024, 03:36:43 PM »
Woohoo Hawg!!!  )l_ Awesome!

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2024, 07:49:15 PM »
That's purty, and for an unofficial race you weren't partaking in? You beat me. I decided I had bigger fish to fry than a gun Drago is MAYBE gonna lob a cylinder through, and then it will be shelved for life.

Beautiful gun, Hawg.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2024, 08:20:02 PM »
I have nothing else to do. I worked on it when I felt like it and sometimes went days without touching it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2024, 06:46:54 AM »
Looks great Hawg!  Glad you got the ramrod squared away .  .  . 
When ya gonna shoot it??

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2024, 06:59:33 AM »
My introduction to bp was with a CVA Kentucky kit my Texas grand parents sent me when I was 15. Needless to say it was fun for a teenage kid!! And the bp is still in my veins!!  My only other bp rifle was an assemblage of parts to make a .54cal Tennessee Po' Boy. I used the Foxfire book #5 with H. House's "how to" as my guide.   Fun experience but I'm glad I got that out of my system!!!!

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2024, 08:01:28 AM »
I bought some kind of Kentucky rifle when I was 13. The thing would only spark once in a blue moon. It turned me off of flintlocks for many years. This is only my second one.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2024, 01:37:28 PM »
I discovered that a quality lock and barrel make all the difference in the World when shooting flintlocks. Back in the 1980s, I bought one of those Hatfield longrifles that Cabelas was carrying at the time. It looked really good, had nicely figured wood, but half the time the lock wouldn't even set off the priming powder in the pan and it had a weird touch hole with a curved channel leading into the breech. After a couple of frustrating years, I sold it and ordered a custom built rifle with a Chambers lock and Getz swamped barrel. What a difference! So do quality hand knapped English and French flints, I get mine from Track of the Wolf.
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2024, 10:56:59 AM »
I ordered the lock parts on the 3rd. I never got a confirmation email from Kibler but I got an email from UPS saying they will be here tomorrow.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2024, 11:34:58 AM »
That's great news Hawg. Getting closer to firing that rifle!

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2024, 03:57:06 PM »
Wooo hoooooo
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick