Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 344576 times)

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #600 on: August 04, 2018, 05:16:45 PM »
Shooting to smoke on the 16th. Then it has to be repacked and age for at least a week - so - the 23rd?

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 04, 2018, 05:20:25 PM »
21 pounds of bacon curing...

Plus 2 ribeyes...

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 04, 2018, 09:06:23 PM »
Looking great!
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 04, 2018, 09:08:12 PM »
Shooting to smoke on the 16th. Then it has to be repacked and age for at least a week - so - the 23rd?

It's looking great!
-Mick

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 05, 2018, 07:20:03 AM »
My good friend Suzanne who owns the cigar shop on Allen Street in Tombstone had her final interview and site evaluation for her FFL. She passed with flying colors. She'll be able to place her first wholesale order for BP revolvers in just a few weeks. She has an employee that is a a gunsmith and sold guns for many years. He's extremely knowledgeable and a great guy. Looking forward to buying guns with somebody else's money for a change. Now I just need to figure out a way to have some of them follow me home.... )

Since SW Airlines lost my luggage (it never did show up) with all of my very best cowboy regalia, I got to be the photographer. Wait until they get my bill! I'm glad I kept receipts for almost everything. Most items are irreplaceable....custom made stuff that I've had for years. Nothing looks more out of place than a period cowboy in brand new store bought clothes. Needless to say....I'm heart-broken over the entire thing.

The shop got notification yesterday that their FFL is in the mail and should be there this coming week. Putting together an nice big Uberti order today among other things. The shop is all rearranged with a couple antique curved glass cases so we have about 15' to fill with guns....not including the wall space behind. We will carry accessories, but very little (if any) powder for obvious reasons. We even had coins minted to go in each box with the firearm. One side looks similar to the back side of a Morgan silver dollar and the other is a special Tombstone balance scale we had made up.

Needless to say.....it's exciting and hopefully a good business decision....

On  a side note.....I submitted my claim to Southwest Loose Your Luggage Airlines. Just over $2600. I'd rather have my stuff back....so much of my cowboy gear is irreplaceable...and having to shop for new business clothes is something I do not enjoy. Oh well. We'll see what they say when they respond to the claim. I have a tendency to be a bit short tempered when somebody that stole from me starts giving me crap.
-Mick

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 07, 2018, 07:53:19 AM »
My good friend Suzanne who owns the cigar shop on Allen Street in Tombstone had her final interview and site evaluation for her FFL. She passed with flying colors. She'll be able to place her first wholesale order for BP revolvers in just a few weeks. She has an employee that is a a gunsmith and sold guns for many years. He's extremely knowledgeable and a great guy. Looking forward to buying guns with somebody else's money for a change. Now I just need to figure out a way to have some of them follow me home.... )L$

Since SW Airlines lost my luggage (it never did show up) with all of my very best cowboy regalia, I got to be the photographer. Wait until they get my bill! I'm glad I kept receipts for almost everything. Most items are irreplaceable....custom made stuff that I've had for years. Nothing looks more out of place than a period cowboy in brand new store bought clothes. Needless to say....I'm heart-broken over the entire thing.

FFL received yesterday. Placed orders with 3 different wholesalers and will have a nice inventory for this weekend in Tombstone. It's the Doc Holli-days celebration and both Val Kilmer and Dennis Quaid will be there. I'm not much of a movie star buff, but it does attract 15-20,000+ people from all over the world. Every wanna-be cowboy will be dressed in his or her finest regalia. It's really a sight to behold.

We'd like to put include a "bill of sale" document specifying that the firearm was purchased in Tombstone and are kicking around some different ideas. Would you guys have any ideas on this? They will also come with a specially minted Tombstone silver dollar sized coin, but the paper documentation would add something else special to the mix.

The guys even got the gun safe in place yesterday. We've reviewed all of the forms and procedures since we will have BP and cartridge guns/rifles/shot guns available. Man, so many things to do!  :-H
-Mick

Offline valforgettaboutit

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 07, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »
I think the Bill of Sale and Coin are a real nice touch. Especially for tourists in the region, they'd probably appreciate that. Plus anything with the business name on it is just free advertising when they show their friends.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 07, 2018, 05:28:21 PM »
This sure sounds like a great business venture. Especially so in a tourist town like Tombstone. Good luck!

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 08, 2018, 06:47:05 AM »
Thanks guys.....it's appreciated!

We're hoping it was a wise venture too and we're definitely going to find out! :)

Was surprised to see how low the suppliers are with their BP inventories. We do have some coming, but needed to do some fill in with 1873's. I'm hoping it's because sales are so good for them.....
-Mick

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 08, 2018, 03:56:51 PM »
I how the business does well. The biggest problem in AZ isn't the lack of bp guns. It's the lack of black powder. You cannot buy black powder in AZ, that I'm aware of. You have to mail order it in.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 08, 2018, 07:34:16 PM »
Thanks! No BP, but the substitutes are available in the usual places.

Heavy storm in Phoenix last night prevented the first shipment of guns from showing up to us today. Maybe tomorrow.
-Mick

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 09, 2018, 03:38:38 PM »
BP substitutes are not BP. There is nothing about them that is even as good as BP, let alone better - unless you count being available as better.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 09, 2018, 08:50:05 PM »
I didn't say it was better, but it's on the shelf at the local gun store and it makes the gun go bang....at least it does in mine.
-Mick

Offline Dave Shooter

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 12, 2018, 02:29:55 PM »
Took the youngest to the range after church.  His first time shooting an M-1 Carbine; he seemed to enjoy it.  Then cheeseburgers and ice cream.
Happily Retired USAF ossifer
Engineer?
Shooter of questionable skill...
Unabashed patriot!

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 12, 2018, 03:18:36 PM »
Nice!