Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 344498 times)

Offline Rebel Dave

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1155 on: December 13, 2020, 01:09:33 PM »
Hawg
Get better, hang in there.
Rebel Dave
Rebel Dave

Offline Rebel Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: December 13, 2020, 01:11:18 PM »
Mazo
We got the same here in Burlington. Ours was the wet heavy stuff.
Rebel Dave
Rebel Dave

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: December 13, 2020, 01:14:35 PM »
We ended up with 7" total.

I wouldn't mind seeing some snow here, especially since it would be gone in a couple of days.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #1158 on: December 13, 2020, 01:35:28 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing some snow here, especially since it would be gone in a couple of days.

I got 4" Friday afternoon,  4" last night on top of 8" inches last Monday.   I'll see about sending some your direction .

Offline Rebel Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 13, 2020, 01:39:02 PM »
Snow sux....... believe me. So does the vehicle eating salt that comes with it.
My drive way is like a ski jump. Trying to shovel it is taking your life in your hands at my age (77). More than once i have fallen down trying to maintain my ballance on it. The bottom half is a real steep angle, its  treacherous. Snow blowers wont  go back up when at the bottom.
If We werent so old W'ed move. To old now.

Rebel Dave
Rebel Dave

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 13, 2020, 01:54:36 PM »
Yeah, we are hilly here too. 70 feet down hill to the driveway from the house, 45 feet level, then up 80 feet to the mail box. Many days we just say forget the mail until our friend plows the driveway. My wife is your age, I am a bit older (jh
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 02:36:45 PM by mazo kid »

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 13, 2020, 02:15:03 PM »
We have had over an inch of rain here so far today on the Wet Coast of WA State.

At least I don't have to shovel it...
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 13, 2020, 02:39:42 PM »
I got 4" Friday afternoon,  4" last night on top of 8" inches last Monday.   I'll see about sending some your direction .
Mike, thanks for your generous offer, but we will just try to get along with what we have. You are considerably higher than we are, but according to the topo map we are at 1000 feet.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 13, 2020, 02:57:37 PM »
Snow sux....... believe me. So does the vehicle eating salt that comes with it.
My drive way is like a ski jump. Trying to shovel it is taking your life in your hands at my age (77). More than once i have fallen down trying to maintain my ballance on it. The bottom half is a real steep angle, its  treacherous. Snow blowers wont  go back up when at the bottom.
If We werent so old W'ed move. To old now.

Rebel Dave

They don't put out salt down here. The most they do is spread sand over bridges. Snow blowers are unheard of but then nobody goes anywhere anyway. We got four inches several years ago and maybe 15 or 20 flakes since then. The four inches was fun while it lasted which wasn't long since temps were back in the 60's the next day.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 13, 2020, 03:14:28 PM »
Some States that are a bit south use calcium chloride as I understand it. It is not destructive like sodium chloride. Beet juice has been used here, but is not wide spread.

Offline Rebel Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 13, 2020, 03:50:48 PM »
Snow, and salt still suck.
Wish they had something they could put on the roads that wasnt so corrosive.
I try not to drive after a snow storm, when the roads are wet(with salt). Usually try and wait a day, or two.

Seems like we often get 1 inch of snow, then right after, you get 6 inches of salt.

Rebel Dave
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 03:54:30 PM by Rebel Dave »
Rebel Dave

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 20, 2020, 08:05:08 AM »
Soaking my foot at the moment. Then I have to clean the kitchen, rearrange the refrigerator, maybe rearrange the pantry, slice green chili bacon, start a batch of Canadian bacon curing, get a whole New York strip roast out of the freezer to thaw, and thaw a swordfish steak to grill with the little lobster tails for dinner. Then my wife wants to rearrange the bedroom so we can use our extra TV in here. She was using the extra tv as a computer monitor, but I bought her a 32" HD/4k monitor yesterday. The office will be moving from the bedroom back into the walk-in closet, where it originally was.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 20, 2020, 01:32:49 PM »
You have WAY too much work going on! And that is the biggest monitor I have seen. 'Course, I don't get out much anymore.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 20, 2020, 05:27:47 PM »
Soaking my foot at the moment. Then I have to clean the kitchen, rearrange the refrigerator, maybe rearrange the pantry, slice green chili bacon, start a batch of Canadian bacon curing, get a whole New York strip roast out of the freezer to thaw, and thaw a swordfish steak to grill with the little lobster tails for dinner. Then my wife wants to rearrange the bedroom so we can use our extra TV in here. She was using the extra tv as a computer monitor, but I bought her a 32" HD/4k monitor yesterday. The office will be moving from the bedroom back into the walk-in closet, where it originally was.
My guess is...you are soaking your foot due to the laundry list in the latter half of your post. If I was a doctor I'd prescribe a day of R&R.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 21, 2020, 11:32:09 AM »
Or.....maybe he dropped that big frozen New York strip roast on his foot!