Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 344505 times)

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1380 on: July 19, 2021, 06:23:15 PM »
I went in for a follow up with my heart Dr. While I was there I got really dizzy. I always get a little dizzy for a minute or two when I first stand up but this time I was sitting down and it didn't go away. My blood pressure was a little low so they wanted to check it with me sitting, standing and lying down. When I stood up my wife said I just zoned out and didn't answer questions. Then I just plopped back down in my chair. My Dr. was concerned I might have had a light stroke and sent me to the ER. My wife wanted to drive me to the door but I said I'm fine, I can walk. I got out of the car and I got dizzy again and my wife said I just fell back into the car and slid down to the floor sill. She had to get help to get me inside where they put me in a wheelchair. While I was waiting my vision blurred and I was seeing double. My blood pressure had dropped to 90/40. After five hours an MRI and two bags of drip and some other tests they concluded I didn't have a stroke and it was just my bp. So it looks like y'all are going to have me to antagonize y'all some more.  (7&
Do you normally take Blood Pressure meds? Is it a matter of just getting them adjusted correctly?
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 19, 2021, 06:33:38 PM »
Do you normally take Blood Pressure meds? Is it a matter of just getting them adjusted correctly?

I've been on bp meds for many years. Usually my bp runs a little higher than what they consider normal but I have noticed lately it's been getting a little below normal. This is the first time it's gotten this low tho.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 19, 2021, 06:44:37 PM »
OK.....your Doc may need to reduce your dosage to find the new correct amount for you now.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 19, 2021, 06:46:13 PM »
OK.....your Doc may need to reduce your dosage to find the new correct amount for you now.

Yeah he made some changes.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 19, 2021, 06:47:55 PM »

Yeah he made some changes.

Excellent!
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #1385 on: July 19, 2021, 06:49:12 PM »
I went in for a follow up with my heart Dr. While I was there I got really dizzy. I always get a little dizzy for a minute or two when I first stand up but this time I was sitting down and it didn't go away. My blood pressure was a little low so they wanted to check it with me sitting, standing and lying down. When I stood up my wife said I just zoned out and didn't answer questions. Then I just plopped back down in my chair. My Dr. was concerned I might have had a light stroke and sent me to the ER. My wife wanted to drive me to the door but I said I'm fine, I can walk. I got out of the car and I got dizzy again and my wife said I just fell back into the car and slid down to the floor sill. She had to get help to get me inside where they put me in a wheelchair. While I was waiting my vision blurred and I was seeing double. My blood pressure had dropped to 90/40. After five hours an MRI and two bags of drip and some other tests they concluded I didn't have a stroke and it was just my bp. So it looks like y'all are going to have me to antagonize y'all some more.  (7&

Glad you'll still be here to antagonize us Hawg.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 19, 2021, 07:15:17 PM »
Wow! Take it easy, Hawg. If that happened while you wuz drivin'... (jh
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 19, 2021, 07:22:53 PM »
Wow! Take it easy, Hawg. If that happened while you wuz drivin'... (jh

I don't want to think about it. It's 35 miles to the doctor.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 19, 2021, 07:49:58 PM »
That has happened to me twice in about 2 months ....light headed, woozy, but never passed out. My wife thinks it was lack of hydration and very well could have been. I was very tired and hadn't had any water to drink for several hours (14-16 hours) in both cases. After a couple glasses of water, I was fine. We need Hawg here to keep on antagonizing us!

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 19, 2021, 08:01:43 PM »
Damn it Hawg. Glad it all turned out okay. We need you around here! Thankfully you still will be.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 19, 2021, 11:32:16 PM »
Thanks fellers. :-*

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 20, 2021, 01:11:29 AM »
@ Hawg; we wouldn't accept one single day, without the opportunity to be harassed by you.
@ Mazo: It says on the BP (not the BP) package that the stuff is a hazard if one is dehydrated.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 20, 2021, 03:09:59 AM »
@ Hawg; we wouldn't accept one single day, without the opportunity to be harassed by you.
@ Mazo: It says on the BP (not the BP) package that the stuff is a hazard if one is dehydrated.

I really don't set out to harass anybody. It just comes out that way.

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 20, 2021, 05:17:27 AM »

I really don't set out to harass anybody. It just comes out that way.
We know :P

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 20, 2021, 01:22:15 PM »
Worked a lot today  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 04:18:42 PM by Zulch »