Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Might need to start casting my own  (Read 7141 times)

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: Might need to start casting my own
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 06:36:06 PM »
Thanks omarkw,  but yes it was The Blunderbuss.   Jim Fox was the owner.  He started the business years ago because he felt the BP community in Denver was underserved.   He was right.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 03:38:52 AM »
...At the rate I've been using up lead this year, one good casting session should keep me going for another year.   50 bullets in each caliber should do it...

Mike,

That is the way I am with rifle cartridges.  If I get twenty shots with the same rifle, either something is wrong and I am attempting to correct it or I am playing around and changing something in the load.

Handgun cartridges, well, I shoot a bunch of them but probably no more in a year than some shot in one day at the range.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 05:38:56 AM »
Two setbacks in the last six or eight months are really going to cut into my shooting.  Lack of a source for shooting supplies will add to the inconvenience and expense.   In addition the muzzle loading club and range I belong to have been taken over by people that believe they own and control it.   I won't bow down to their rules and demands so I have lost the only range I used to shoot at,  only 30 minutes from home.   Now I must drive 90 miles south to the ranch (my sons house),  or 150 miles north (my daughters house) to the other ranch in order to shoot.
I refuse to use the BLM or forest service land near here due to the hordes of maniacs destroying public property with their black plastic firearms purchased at Wal-mart.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »
Mike:
I hear you loud and clear. One of the reasons I've transitioned into traditional archery is because I can shoot it in my back yard anytime I please and don't have to put up with bullshit at the range. It's not the same as shooting BP but it scratches the itch.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"