Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: A Wild Bunch Belt  (Read 4806 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: A Wild Bunch Belt
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2022, 05:26:48 PM »
 I thought about it but the original holes would all be gone and the holes I put in it won't let me get much taper on it they're so close together. I'm just funny I guess.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2022, 05:32:51 PM »
I thought about it but the original holes would all be gone and the holes I put in it won't let me get much taper on it they're so close together. I'm just funny I guess.
I generally shorten a belt at the buckle end if possible. That leaves the original holes untouched.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2022, 06:01:37 PM »
The leather is shaved down at the buckle. Methinks it would be too thick and bulky if left as is. I've got no idea how to shave it down.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2022, 06:10:25 PM »
If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, I suppose you could always have a local saddle shop or shoe repair shorten it for you. I have no idea if it would be worth the cost, though.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2022, 11:34:57 AM »
That is interesting Marshal. So I can only suppose that back in the early 20th century belt loops could accommodate the 2" belt. Switching gears, speaking of holsters,  I do not own a holster/rig myself. So bear with my ignorance here folks. So did folks wear a belt for the trousers and also a holster/belt combination on top of their trouser belt? I realize how stupid that must sound but I've never really considered that until now. I would love to have a couple of different holsters for the varying sized guns that I have. Having said that, you very rarely see someone wearing one where I reside. I suppose that most of the time, unless you are in Tucson or like place, you would not see them often, if at all. I even have a hard time at the thought of wearing a western hat. I would love to wear one but alas those are few and far between here. So it's the story of the proverbial sore thumb? Guess I should move to Tucson. Sorry, I did not mean to veer from topic. I really like your leather craft Marshal!!

Hawg is right, the "trousers belt" wasn't in common use until the later 1930's early 1940's. Suspenders ruled the day.....and earlier the "sash" was used along with suspenders.

....and yes, you should move to Tucson.....or start a trend where you are. Cowboy hats are a "whole nuther" addiction. There's nuthin quite like a quality beaver Stetson.......
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2022, 04:27:11 PM »
I wear a cowboy hat around here (Central CACA) all the time. I see someone with one now and then but only very rarely. I like it so I wear it. What I find interesting is that people go out of their way to say kind words to me when I wear a hat. I think a lot of people wish they had the nerve to fly in the face of convention and wear one themselves.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2022, 06:39:21 PM »
I had a 10X silver belly when I was doing CAS. I wish I still had it.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2022, 08:29:06 PM »
What I find interesting is that people go out of their way to say kind words to me when I wear a hat. I think a lot of people wish they had the nerve to fly in the face of convention and wear one themselves.

I get the same. Love wearing mine too.....

"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2022, 08:50:10 PM »
What I find interesting is that people go out of their way to say kind words to me when I wear a hat. I think a lot of people wish they had the nerve to fly in the face of convention and wear one themselves.

I get the same. Love wearing mine too.....
(7&

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2022, 09:16:30 AM »
Right Marshal. Convention is the word. I worry too much about what other folks think especially the wife!  :no_no:
Alas, it is my problem and not others.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2022, 10:43:40 AM »
Remember, Z, people really don't care how you look. The only one who cares is you. Since that's the case, you are the only one you need to please. If you have grey hair, you can write it off as being eccentric. (7+"

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2022, 11:05:21 AM »
Remember, Z, people really don't care how you look. The only one who cares is you. Since that's the case, you are the only one you need to please. If you have grey hair, you can write it off as being eccentric. (7+"

That's is great advice marshal. Viewing your Avatar you look quite comfortable with who you are.  :usa-flag-89: )l_ I tend to worry too much about the trivial things and quite often I have missed out. You would think as long as I have been here on planet earth that I would realize I shouldn't worry about that. When I was a teenager I wore knee high moccasin boots to school. I loved them. I wonder what happened along the way.  :icon_scratch:
     A very good point. Why would anyone care what I look like?? They don't, anymore than i care?? LOL Thanks for the good advice Marshal.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2022, 11:16:56 AM »

That's is great advice marshal. Viewing your Avatar you look quite comfortable with who you are.  :usa-flag-89: )l_ I tend to worry too much about the trivial things and quite often I have missed out. You would think as long as I have been here on planet earth that I would realize I shouldn't worry about that. When I was a teenager I wore knee high moccasin boots to school. I loved them. I wonder what happened along the way.  :icon_scratch:
     A very good point. Why would anyone care what I look like?? They don't, anymore than i care?? LOL Thanks for the good advice Marshal.
Have at it, pard!

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2022, 11:19:42 AM »
Well, it was a hit. Now he won't ever need another belt. (7&

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2022, 11:30:43 AM »
That's great news Marshal.  :cowboypistol: I know it makes you feel good to do nice things like that. I'm glad that you made him happy.