Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 353679 times)

Offline valforgettaboutit

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #645 on: December 14, 2018, 06:05:29 AM »
Productive morning so far...

Bacon, cheddar cheese and cheese curds are in the smoker. Coffee is made. Bacon is frying.

Have to wait here today. FedEx is supposed to be delivering my Redhawk back to me, and it requires a signature.

I keep modeling my retirement plans off of your posts EM. Have you considered opening an EM's Desert Resort and Restaurant for hungry Colt Country posters?

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 14, 2018, 07:03:27 AM »
Only if I can get the patrons to pay in guns, ammo, and black powder...

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 14, 2018, 08:38:54 AM »
Stuck at home today. FedEx is supposed to deliver a package from Ruger that I have to sign for. So, until they get here, I'm trapped with a fire burning in the wood stove, a pot of coffee, and a smoker full of bacon and cheese.

On the down side, I likely won't get to have lunch with my wife...

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 14, 2018, 03:19:01 PM »
Sittin here sweatin my butt off wishing the AC worked.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 14, 2018, 03:59:04 PM »
Got my Redhawk back. According to the paperwork, they replaced the firing pin and the recoil plate.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 15, 2018, 07:16:37 PM »
It's been a very strange day. First of all we had to go to a funeral for a close family friend who died of colon cancer. The doctors gave him up to three years to live. He died 3 weeks later.

After that we stopped at a buddy's house. He recently got an artificial heart valve. The doctors cleared him for most normal activities, but told him his days of stout recoil were over. They told him no more 12-gauge (20 gauge or less), no heavy 30-06 loads, etc. He sent all his 12 gauge rounds home with us for my wife. Just counted it. It's over 1200 rounds.

Then on our way home, we get a call from my wife's best girl friend's husband, who was working out of town this week. She had been "missing" since yesterday. They have custody of their grandson. She was supposed to be taking the boy to his mother's house for the day today and never showed. Her phone was going right to voice mail. No one had heard from her, or seen her.. We told him to call the cops and have them swing by the house for a welfare check. He did so. So did her daughter. And our daughter. And two other family members. Everyone had the same idea at the same time and my wife was freaking out. The cops found the garage door open and were in the house when she pulled up in her car with the grandson. Her cell phone had updated and shut itself off, and she didn't realize it. She had called her daughter to tell her she wouldn't be by with the grandson until tomorrow (Sunday), but the message never arrived at the daughters phone. Then she went Christmas shopping.

After checking to make sure she was okay, the cops told her, there are a lot of people who really like you.

Offline Maint1517

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 15, 2018, 08:55:42 PM »
Received the frame for my 1851 Pietta project today.
Then set in my recliner the rest of the day.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 25, 2018, 07:51:05 AM »
My MIL is always complaining about how cold her room is at night. So, for Christmas, we got her a nice very warm plush blanket. Her reaction? "I could cut this up and make curtains for my room. Or maybe a robe."

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 27, 2018, 04:10:02 AM »
Herself and I are in Georgia visiting with the grandkids. The boy is 2 and the grand girl is 22 days. I am getting a lot of time in the floor, I may need new knees!

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 27, 2018, 03:55:13 PM »
Just listening to the rain.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 28, 2018, 04:14:04 AM »
Just listening to the rain.

Same here, it started last afternoon with a light drizzle.  By nightfall it was raining like it meant to put out the fires. The “road” from the cabin to town passes through a creek, currently impassable. We have to wait for the water to drop a bit.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 29, 2018, 07:07:09 PM »
Just finished putting all the Christmas crud away, and moving the furniture back where it goes. Time sit on my butt and rest.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 03, 2019, 07:32:05 AM »
Xmas crud got out yesterday, Today was cleaning the environments of all the fire works debris that the kids wasted around NYear.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 12, 2019, 04:37:43 PM »
Dinner!

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 02, 2019, 05:24:03 PM »
It takes forever to get a new computer set up to the point where it is actually useful.