Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 342838 times)

Offline Pustic

• KM4JZJ Extra Class / WRPR990 GMRS
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1530 on: October 11, 2021, 01:27:43 PM »
I made contact to PY2PT, Ricardo in Brazil on 10 meters.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 01:44:40 PM by Pustic »
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 12, 2021, 07:44:40 AM »
Spent the last two nights in Nashville. Head off to Florida tomorrow.

Sounds like you had a nice time. By the way, antique film camera. What are you using? Large format, 35mm or? I still shoot 35mm on rare occasion. Fun times.
I typed out a response to this I swear.
Antique in the digital world, it degrades pretty hard at 6400 ISO, and I was shooting there, to catch anything and semi freeze motion.
Caught Lynn Owsley playing steel, the last surviving Troubador, (40-50 years of playing with greats, like top acts there in Nashville). Also, In the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame.

Charles Esten got up and sang with the band the night before (Had no clue who he was, but a country artist, star of Nashville the show, and one of the leads in The Outer Banks, my teen thought I was rock star status when he found this out, apparently loves the second show, who knew?)

Sooo Sooo delicious.

(Owsley is on the left as you view the pic. Roberts is not only THE place to be, if you're a classic honky-tonk type, but the only place you're guaranteed to NOT hear 5 KISS covers a night),

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 12, 2021, 07:49:10 AM »
Nice pix, Clyde! Wish I coulda been there!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: October 12, 2021, 07:55:49 AM »
Oh, Nudies Cadillac. Yes, the Nudie of "Nudie Suit" infamy. Drank a beer or two at his (deceased) honky-tonk.
Nudie Cohn was such a pivotal and enigmatic character in shaping the ... ... landscape of the stage presence of Honky Tonk/Cowboy Artists fromt he 50's forward.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 12, 2021, 08:49:55 AM »
Spent the last two nights in Nashville. Head off to Florida tomorrow.

Sounds like you had a nice time. By the way, antique film camera. What are you using? Large format, 35mm or? I still shoot 35mm on rare occasion. Fun times.
I typed out a response to this I swear.
Antique in the digital world, it degrades pretty hard at 6400 ISO, and I was shooting there, to catch anything and semi freeze motion.
Caught Lynn Owsley playing steel, the last surviving Troubador, (40-50 years of playing with greats, like top acts there in Nashville). Also, In the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame.

Charles Esten got up and sang with the band the night before (Had no clue who he was, but a country artist, star of Nashville the show, and one of the leads in The Outer Banks, my teen thought I was rock star status when he found this out, apparently loves the second show, who knew?)

Sooo Sooo delicious.

(Owsley is on the left as you view the pic. Roberts is not only THE place to be, if you're a classic honky-tonk type, but the only place you're guaranteed to NOT hear 5 KISS covers a night),

No worries Clyde...i've done that before....oops...I forgot to send it HAHAHAHA.. Anyway, Those photos are great and I too would love to have been there. Is that downtown Nashville? I need to go there. Think I would thoroughly enjoy that place.  (7&
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 09:49:50 AM by Zulch »

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 12, 2021, 08:57:06 AM »
Oh, Nudies Cadillac. Yes, the Nudie of "Nudie Suit" infamy. Drank a beer or two at his (deceased) honky-tonk.
Nudie Cohn was such a pivotal and enigmatic character in shaping the ... ... landscape of the stage presence of Honky Tonk/Cowboy Artists fromt he 50's forward.

Here ya go Clyde. Porter in a Nudie suit. Fast forward to Jack White Nudie suit.  (7+"

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 12, 2021, 09:36:31 AM »
They had Little Jimmy Dickens suit hanging on display. Two Nudies t-shirts avaliable, censored and non. Out of "non" in my size, I was saddened by that, and bought a censored.
yes Zulch, right on Broadway.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 12, 2021, 09:53:16 AM »
They had Little Jimmy Dickens suit hanging on display. Two Nudies t-shirts avaliable, censored and non. Out of "non" in my size, I was saddened by that, and bought a censored.
yes Zulch, right on Broadway.

Thanks Clyde  :001_smile: Sorry that you weren't able to get the uncensored. Maybe next time you are there.

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 12, 2021, 11:42:42 PM »
whomever drew her, had the proper concept of breasts and nipples. I can only hope....

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 13, 2021, 05:10:21 AM »
I got out of bed so far...

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 13, 2021, 05:15:29 AM »
I got out of bed so far...

I haven't been to bed yet.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 13, 2021, 09:44:44 PM »
Made it from Salinas, UT to Cuba NM.
NM was the worst on the #fauxvid1984 fear, and then they fully opened, cutest little smiles on the cashiers here where I bed down, and now we're back to full circle fear. Sad.

Stopped here, as I can still make Fort Worth in a day, and I am also close enough to the house I can turn around and go back expediently if there was any news, good or bad, prepared for bad, on the whereabouts of my 76 hours now missing 14 year old. If ya pray... Stole my car Sunday, and left me on the side of the road, and has been gone since 17:45 Sunday, when I watched my taillights disappear. Such an angel too, drugs I think. Mixed up with the Cartel, on and on. Twin Falls ID, Conservative, Christian Farming community, who knew?

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 13, 2021, 11:28:12 PM »
NM was the worst on the #fauxvid1984 fear, and then they fully opened, cutest little smiles on the cashiers here where I bed down, and now we're back to full circle fear. Sad.

Stopped here, as I can still make Fort Worth in a day, and I am also close enough to the house I can turn around and go back expediently if there was any news, good or bad, prepared for bad, on the whereabouts of my 76 hours now missing 14 year old. If ya pray... Stole my car Sunday, and left me on the side of the road, and has been gone since 17:45 Sunday, when I watched my taillights disappear. Such an angel too, drugs I think. Mixed up with the Cartel, on and on. Twin Falls ID, Conservative, Christian Farming community, who knew?

Praying for the safe return of your child.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 14, 2021, 05:42:59 AM »

Praying for the safe return of your child.

Clyde, just now reading this. I’m very sorry to hear. Praying for his safety. 🙏

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 14, 2021, 05:45:15 AM »
Clyde, prayers up for safe return of your child.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"