Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: EMF Paterson on sale  (Read 58249 times)

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
EMF Paterson on sale
« on: January 31, 2017, 08:46:21 PM »
These seem to be hard to find in stock so I thought I'd post this. EMF has the Pietta Paterson on sale for $550.
http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1836-Texas-Paterson-36-9-531p1823.htm

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
Re: EMF Paterson on sale
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 05:46:00 AM »
And I'm in the middle of moving to a new home.

sigh...

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 08:02:32 AM »
These seem to be hard to find in stock so I thought I'd post this. EMF has the Pietta Paterson on sale for $550.
http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1836-Texas-Paterson-36-9-531p1823.htm

Hi Lonesome, thanks for the heads-up, I ordered one. The price is excellent and it comes with free shipping.  &\? &\? &\?

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »
Awesome Richard! Please post a review when you get it. I am actually close enough that I could drive down there and pick one out but I don't have the money. Maybe if they are in stock a year from now.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 10:20:32 AM »
Awesome Richard! Please post a review when you get it. I am actually close enough that I could drive down there and pick one out but I don't have the money. Maybe if they are in stock a year from now.

Hi Lonesome, I don't have the money either, but have been wanting a Paterson for a long time. I'm still wondering how I will tell my wife that I used part of our tax refund for this revolver. Uberti discontinued the Paterson because of minimal sales. I think that the same thing will occur for Pietta. This revolver will be mostly for display. I fully understand that even the original Patersons were problematic revolvers. There are so many parts that need to function perfectly for it to function properly. Of course I will post my review of the Pietta ordered when received.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 04:54:55 AM »
Hi, the EMF Company is a strange outfit. I misspoke when I said that shipping was free. After ordering the revolver, EMF sent me an email saying that my order wasn't an order until they called me to verify shipping cost and charge card.

The online status of my order says "pending". Interesting that there was still a pending order for a conversion cylinder from 2012 that I thought I had canceled.

EMF is strange outfit.

Regards,
Richard

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 10:11:53 AM »
Hi, after a couple of emails EMF is beginning to move on my order. The shipping charge, ground, is $28. That seems a little high, but what can I do.

Their big concern is that I may live in New York City that prohibits shipment of BP revolvers. Also, agreeing to the shipping charge is required. Beats me that they don't know up front what shipping costs would be. EMF may still be living in the past?

Regards,
Richard

Offline prof marvel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 01:48:55 PM »
Hi, after a couple of emails EMF is beginning to move on my order. The shipping charge, ground, is $28. That seems a little high, but what can I do.

Their big concern is that I may live in New York City that prohibits shipment of BP revolvers. Also, agreeing to the shipping charge is required. Beats me that they don't know up front what shipping costs would be. EMF may still be living in the past?

Regards,
Richard

Hi Richard -
"real stores" can't afford to eat the entire cost of shipping and handling like Cabelas. Stores that offer "free" or cheap shipping are inevitably
hiding the cost elsewhere - weather markup in that item, or spread across all sales. I can ship a revolver via USPS "flat rate" for ~ $20
but that does not include packing materials, packing it up, or getting it to the PO.  ....  jest sayin' ....

when Amazon starts sending free gifts over my property  boxes delivered by drone, we will be watching intently to  see how they farm in the costs of the drones, merchandize loss, insurance, property damage, etc etc....  not to mention the loss of physical jobs of delivery personell.

with no jobs at all except selling rocks to each other, one wonders who exactly will be able to afford to buy the "stuff" .
those of us with well equipped shops, however will have a booming business in fixing "old broke stuff" . Mike116 will do fine making custom leather,  and Mad Mike the boomer can print new parts .....

yhs
prfo amravel

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 09:19:03 AM »
Hi, I ordered a used copy of Paterson Colt Pistol Variations, by Phillips Wilson on eBay, see:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112287663208?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Prices for this book are all over the place, but I think this is the book to have if you are interested in the Paterson revolver.

Regards,
Richard
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:51:09 AM by ssb73q »

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 05:19:40 AM »
Hi prof, nice try on rationalizing shipping costs. I checked on the shipping cost recently paid for BP revolvers purchased from Old South Firearms and Dixie Gun Works, ~$17. Old South ships the same day, Dixie the next. I'm still waiting for my order from EMF to be marked ordered. There are different vendor models, IMO EMF's is something out of the past.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Regards,
Richard

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 09:33:19 AM »
Hi, there has been a lot of discussion on Colt supplying extra cylinders for his revolvers. Most say that extra cylinders are a myth.

I came across this site that suggests that some Patersons came with extra cylinders, see:
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/colt-paterson/

Give the prices, I suspect that there is sufficient provenance to warrant those prices and prove that extra cylinders were supplied with some Patersons.

What do you think?

Regards,
Richard

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 07:44:52 PM »
Hi, IMO it is useful to be persistent. After more emails, I learned from EMF that my Pietta Paterson has shipped, UPS tracking suggests arrival Monday.

Looking forward to seeing my new Paterson.

Regards,
Richard

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 08:26:16 PM »
So are we! &\?
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 04:37:50 AM »
Hi Kirk, there will be photos when I get the Paterson. When I was doing research on the Paterson from archived threads on this message board I was disappointed that all the photos that scooby posted were gone. I would have loved to see those Paterson photos.

Regards,
Richard

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 10:09:39 AM »
Hi Kirk, there will be photos when I get the Paterson. When I was doing research on the Paterson from archived threads on this message board I was disappointed that all the photos that scooby posted were gone. I would have loved to see those Paterson photos.

Regards,
Richard
They were some good ones, including disassembled shots.
Another reason I hate Photobucket.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"