Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Conversion Cylinders  (Read 7385 times)

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
Re: Conversion Cylinders
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2024, 09:23:24 PM »
If someone likes or dislikes a post or agrees/disagrees with a statement they should be put to the effort of stating why.  Clapping seals are everywhere, including here sometimes, but making an actual assertion puts that view on the table and gives the rest of us something to work with.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2024, 11:33:58 PM »
Has anybody ever suggested getting us a "like " button  ?!!
 (7+"

Thanks ASM !

Mike

Well if you really like something you could do one of these.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2024, 09:39:22 AM »
Has anybody ever suggested getting us a "like " button  ?!!

Mike

Yes. Tom has tried. Apparently a more expensive software package is needed. We can bring back the karma button but with 'good karma' comes 'bad karma' as well. We don't need that nonsense.

Hi Kirk, IMO all comments good or bad are welcome. What is not welcome or appreciated are the lurkers that don't contribute to this forum.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline tinhorn

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2024, 12:06:07 PM »
Ouch.

On this and another forum I lurk a heckuva lot more than I post. I'm far from an expert, so I'm often reluctant to pollute threads that are full of useful information.

Such as this one, for example.

(Btw, those are some gorgeous revolvers. Now I feel compelled to step up my game.)

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2024, 03:10:09 PM »
Actually  guys, I've  seen folks suggest  a "like button" before  so .  .  .  it was really a bit of humor  .  .  . 

Mike

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2024, 05:04:06 PM »
Actually  guys, I've  seen folks suggest  a "like button" before  so .  .  .  it was really a bit of humor  .  .  . 

Mike

That's right Mike. More than once IIRC.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2024, 06:32:09 PM »

Mike

That's right Mike. More than once IIRC.

As said, we looked into it. More than once. In fact, IIRC Smokey investigated the possibilities as well.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2024, 06:40:21 PM »
Ouch.

On this and another forum I lurk a heckuva lot more than I post. I'm far from an expert, so I'm often reluctant to pollute threads that are full of useful information.

Such as this one, for example.

(Btw, those are some gorgeous revolvers. Now I feel compelled to step up my game.)

Don't lurk...it just sounds 'wrong'. Sounds like some weirdo in the park with a trench coat!LOL!
Don't worry about polluting threads, either. Conversation is what we need here, Tinhorn. Everyone has varying opinions, right or wrong, good or bad. People are also afraid of asking 'dumb questions'. There are none. We all started out not having a clue and have learned along the way. Please feel free to add your two cents and ask questions you don't know answers to.
One thing I've learned from other forums is how NOT to treat other members, and we expect everyone to feel comfortable and at home here, not under attack by the reigning forum gurus as on other sites.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2024, 08:21:11 PM »
Yeah we need fresh blood. Answering questions is what we do best. Most of us have been around for so long we have nothing to talk about unless one of us gets something new. I haven't posted any more on my Kibler build because I haven't done much. I ordered some stuff to help smooth and polish the brass. It took several days to get here and did not meet my expectations.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2024, 08:38:08 PM »
Yeah we need fresh blood. Answering questions is what we do best. Most of us have been around for so long we have nothing to talk about unless one of us gets something new. I haven't posted any more on my Kibler build because I haven't done much. I ordered some stuff to help smooth and polish the brass. It took several days to get here and did not meet my expectations.

If we had a LIKE button I would like this!

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2024, 09:02:29 PM »
One thing I've learned from other forums is how NOT to treat other members, and we expect everyone to feel comfortable and at home here, not under attack by the reigning forum gurus as on other sites.
On one forum I got on, the admins were the worst trolls. This forum is among the best. There is as much support here as you'll find anywhere, and more than most..

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2024, 05:14:31 AM »
So, I have only been on forums for approximately 2.5 years. Before I joined any forum i poked around to see what was going on in a few different forums so I could learn more about my new found hobby. Was that lurking? If so, then I'm guilty of lurking. I dunno. Just another way of looking at it?

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2024, 06:03:29 AM »
So, I have only been on forums for approximately 2.5 years. Before I joined any forum i poked around to see what was going on in a few different forums so I could learn more about my new found hobby. Was that lurking? If so, then I'm guilty of lurking. I dunno. Just another way of looking at it?

What I consider a lurker is somebody that just comes in and soaks up knowledge and never gives anything back.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2024, 06:11:03 AM »

What I consider a lurker is somebody that just comes in and soaks up knowledge and never gives anything back.
Hawg, thanks. That makes sense. I was initially just testing the waters before i joined any of them. I knew zilch about bp then and I still have much to learn. Thanks to all for their willingness to share their knowledge on this forum.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2024, 07:22:02 AM »
Hawg, thanks. That makes sense. I was initially just testing the waters before i joined any of them. I knew zilch about bp then and I still have much to learn. Thanks to all for their willingness to share their knowledge on this forum.

You came and watched until you got familiar with it and now you're a mod.