Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Kibler range report  (Read 1073 times)

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: Kibler range report
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2024, 04:04:19 PM »
Good to see you having some fun with it now.   Facebook groups are the sh*ts,  I never post on FB groups due to the egos and bad attitudes.   I only post on my own page.    I hate FB but I get free advertising and a fair amount of work from referrals.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2024, 05:03:05 PM »
That's some good shooting. Maybe faster powder in the pan will reduce the delay. F...book is not a good place in best of conditions. I gave up on FB many years ago, preferring decent people over many of the ones that frequent there. Here you have true friends who want to see you do well. And, I'm glad to see you out doing well with it.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2024, 05:15:19 PM »
That's some good shooting. Maybe faster powder in the pan will reduce the delay. F...book is not a good place in best of conditions. I gave up on FB many years ago, preferring decent people over many of the ones that frequent there. Here you have true friends who want to see you do well. And, I'm glad to see you out doing well with it.

I tried some crushed 3F. It's finer than 4F. Null B would be finer but I'm not springing for that with no assurances it would work better. I can't tell any difference between 3F and crushed 3F. Yeah FB groups are full of people that just want to start something but there are a few good ones. I joined this one mainly to see what other people have done and how they did it. I did get one response from Jim Kibler himself and he said tightening the lock bolts wouldn't make any difference but it does cock easier now and it is a smidgen faster than it was. He was probably talking about the screws that mount the lock tho.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2024, 05:34:16 PM »
How nice you got to talk to Jim Kibler about it. That is certainly going to the source, eh?

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2024, 06:28:52 PM »
No negative response here, you did a lot better than I did when I first shot my flintlock when it was new. I'm with you, I can't stand shooting paper either, cans, melons, or milk jugs full of water for me.
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2024, 06:39:05 PM »
I'll put it on paper a few more times after I get the new rear sight installed to get it dialed in. I need to figure out some kind of portable rest. I'll probably just take my pickup and prop across the corner of the bed. I would like something a little sturdier tho. Once I get it dialed in it will never see paper again.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2024, 07:30:58 PM »
Hawg, something worth trying, after loading your rifle use a pick or paper clip in the touch hole to loosen some of the powder in the breech before priming the pan.

Comparison using different grades of black powder in the pan:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:51:11 PM by Bishop Creek »
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.