Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: BP weapons and percussion revolvers in shows and movies  (Read 26816 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Percussion revolvers in shows and movies
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »
Y' All    k i l l   me.  You may ask me directly.

And where's the fun in that? (7+"

The spacing of the letters is a form of exclamation.  you know, emphasis.  Just something I picked up when I was in Europe.  Also, the device I am using (Samsung Galaxy Tablet) has its digital keyboard, where in order to access punctuations, I have to jump through hoops.  So,  I ll  space to simulate quotations, emphasis and apostrophes.

E.g,-   I  can t  believe you said that   a g a i n  ! 

I don t  send from a phone.

Over here we use all caps for emphasis (ie) I can't believe you said that AGAIN!!! A complete sentence of all caps is perceived as yelling.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2016, 11:02:57 AM »
Hi, while incredible awful acting, The Pinkerton's on Netflix has lots of BP revolvers.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2016, 11:18:19 AM »
Hi, while incredible awful acting, The Pinkerton's on Netflix has lots of BP revolvers.

Regards,
Richard

Yeah they do. Every sidearm in it is percussion. Well there is that Volcanic but it never gets used. They do use modern Henry rifles as 1860 Henry's and for 1866 Winchesters and even add a peep sight and call it something that never existed(can't remember what they called it now)There is however an 1860 Henry in a couple of scenes and a LeMat and there's one quick shot of something that looked like it had a lot of chambers but it came and went so fast you couldn't be sure.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2016, 08:35:14 PM »
I watched an episode of Dead Mans Gun titled-  The Pinkerton.  The sheriff offered the guy, what looked like an original G&G.  The one that looks like a Dragoon.  It had the slots on the cylinder.

In the American west, a gun, touched by evil. Passed from hand to hand, changing the lives of all who posessed it. Its origin unknown. Its dark legend grew. Until it came to be known as:

The Dead Mans Gun.

Ooooooh!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:56:21 PM by Krylandalian »

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »
I like the looks of that show-  The Pinkertons.  It seems to only be available on Netflix though.  I found it on Amazon in Region 2 format only!  Anyone know otherwise?  I d  sure like to have it on DVD!

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2016, 07:21:44 AM »
I watched Dead Mans Gun when it was on TV back in the late 90's. IIRC it was an engraved S&W Schofield.

Offline omarkw

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2016, 07:31:39 AM »
I believe you're right hawg.        Mark
on these walks make your gun your constant companion.   TJ

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2016, 01:12:44 AM »
Yeah.  The Schofield.  The Creator got two of them from Uberti.  Had them fitted with stag from one he shot, had an engraver trick m  out.  The frames were too hard (case hardened) to engrave, so he screwed on plates over the frame and engraved those.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 07:12:06 AM »
Yeah.  The Schofield.  The Creator got two of them from Uberti.  Had them fitted with stag from one he shot, had an engraver trick m  out.  The frames were too hard (case hardened) to engrave, so he screwed on plates over the frame and engraved those.

Uberti frames aren't really case hardened. The colors are an acid wash. Ruger did the same thing.

Offline dc7x64

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 04:45:13 PM »
.......Let's see. Bad Guy opposing Arnold Swharzenegger in " The Last Stand" has a Whitneyville Dragoon cartridge conversion. The Confederate Officer on horseback in the opening scenes of "Dances With Wolves", has a Walker. Ed Harris has a LeMat in the new series "WestWorld" on HBO. It is a cartridge conversion as well. WestWorld is a whole hodgepodge of 19th century armaments. I even spotted a Krag-Jorgenson rifle hanging on the wall inside one of the boxcars of the train! (??

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »
Don t  know about your , ,  stuff Hawg.  You seem to have contrary info to a lot of , ,  info.  I got that bit about the guns used in Dead Mans Gun from the creators notes.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:30:35 PM by Krylandalian »

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »
Got a fun series called Yancy Derringer.  Watched the first episode and before quick, saw a  1862 Pocket Navy and a 1848 Pocket -Wells Fargo-.   Lots of other derringers and pocket models. 

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2016, 02:17:14 PM »
Don t  know about your , ,  stuff Hawg.  You seem to have contrary info to a lot of , ,  info.  I got that bit about the guns used in Dead Mans gun from the creators notes.

Nowhere did I say he didn't do that even tho I think it's unlikely but it's pretty common knowledge Uberti frames are not casehardened let alone color casehardened. Colt casehardened theirs because their frames were made from iron. There's no need to caseharden modern steel. Its hard enough as is.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:18:56 PM by Hawg »

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2016, 02:35:11 PM »
HBO s  WestWorld  hmm?  It would be fun to see more LeMats!  I mentioned afore, The series-  The Young Riders, in the Pilot, a bad dude carries, what appears to be 2 LeMats in waistbelt holsters. Maybe shoulder supported?  He takes m  out a few times.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2016, 03:52:40 PM »
They're Lemats but they're cartridge conversions.