Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 346846 times)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1680 on: December 02, 2021, 08:04:44 AM »

Derby's were fairly popular in the old west. Maybe more by townspeople but popular nonetheless. Derby's were called bowlers in England and bowlers were called derby's in the U.S.

Very true Hawg. Mine was custom made in England. That's why I call mine a bowler. I had it made just for my head and I probably paid way too much for it. I tried cowboy hats but they don't suit me. I'm not a cowboy.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 02, 2021, 10:22:17 AM »

Derby's were fairly popular in the old west. Maybe more by townspeople but popular nonetheless. Derby's were called bowlers in England and bowlers were called derby's in the U.S.

Very true Hawg. Mine was custom made in England. That's why I call mine a bowler. I had it made just for my head and I probably paid way too much for it. I tried cowboy hats but they don't suit me. I'm not a cowboy.

Well that's cool. If you're happy with it you didn't pay too much. I never got into the habit of wearing a hat. When I started doing CAS I immersed myself into it and bought a 6X Silver Belly Resistol thinking I would wear it all the time and I did for awhile. When I got fed up with CAS I hung it on a gunrack and never picked it back up.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: December 02, 2021, 10:49:51 AM »

Well that's cool. If you're happy with it you didn't pay too much. I never got into the habit of wearing a hat. When I started doing CAS I immersed myself into it and bought a 6X Silver Belly Resistol thinking I would wear it all the time and I did for awhile. When I got fed up with CAS I hung it on a gunrack and never picked it back up.

Hawg, Do you have a picture you could hang wearing your CAS regalia?

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 02, 2021, 01:47:08 PM »
I think I have a couple of small ones I sent to a guy to have downsized for an avatar. They don't blow up very well tho.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 02, 2021, 03:52:20 PM »
There you are.  Go Hawg.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 02, 2021, 05:36:10 PM »
Thanks Hawg!! I like em. Very cool pics. You look the part to me👍 Thanks for posting them.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 02, 2021, 06:22:57 PM »
That was my Billy The Kid pose. (7+" I was wearing a double rig with two 1873 Uberti's in 44-40 and my Rossi 92 in 44-40.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 02, 2021, 06:32:18 PM »
There you are.  Go Hawg.

Where's your mug shot, G? L@J
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: December 03, 2021, 05:38:35 AM »
That was my Billy The Kid pose. (7+" I was wearing a double rig with two 1873 Uberti's in 44-40 and my Rossi 92 in 44-40.
that's a bad*** BTK pose Hawg!!! I wouldn't try to rile you my friend!!  :-* :usa-flag-89:

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: December 03, 2021, 08:34:08 AM »
That's a good lookin hat Hawg. It suits you. I just feel silly in a cowboy hat. I don't like the way they look on me.

When I first started CAS I wore one. I have a very nice Resistol 4X hat. It just never felt right on my head. I also have a Stetson straw hat that I only wore while dove hunting to keep the sun off my neck. I'm just not a cowboy.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 03, 2021, 08:36:36 AM »
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: December 03, 2021, 09:40:37 AM »
That's a good lookin hat Hawg. It suits you. I just feel silly in a cowboy hat. I don't like the way they look on me.

When I first started CAS I wore one. I have a very nice Resistol 4X hat. It just never felt right on my head. I also have a Stetson straw hat that I only wore while dove hunting to keep the sun off my neck. I'm just not a cowboy.

I wore a hat some when I was a teen. I had a cheap felt hat that I took the wire out of the brim and punched the creases out of the crown. It looked like a boss of the plains with a floppy brim. That was my everyday hat. My going out hat was a plain old cowboy hat I put a pair of real Civil War crossed sabers on. Some chickie doodle wanted to wear it one night and I let her. I didn't realize I didn't get it back til I got home and I never saw her again.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: December 03, 2021, 03:20:48 PM »
I never wore a hat much before moving to AZ about 20 years ago. Now I have quite a few hats, mostly cheapies, but a few fairly good ones. I've found it  necessity for the Arizona sun and have an assortment of brim widths ..... so I can wear what's appropriate for the job.

"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 03, 2021, 05:17:48 PM »
I never wore a hat much before moving to AZ about 20 years ago. Now I have quite a few hats, mostly cheapies, but a few fairly good ones. I've found it  necessity for the Arizona sun and have an assortment of brim widths ..... so I can wear what's appropriate for the job.
That’s cool Mick👍 Love to see a pic of you sporting your favorite hat👍 I don’t wear one but really would like too just ain’t comfortable yet? 🤣🤣

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: December 03, 2021, 05:37:10 PM »
I went by the LGS today an looked at an original 1873 Trapdoor. They wanted 700.00 for it and I was about to try to put it on layaway when I noticed the forward part of the stock had mouse chews on it. Then I perused the display cases and saw one of these. NAA hogleg in .22 magnum. They called it an 1860 lol. You have to remove the cylinder to load it which was a deal breaker.