Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 346801 times)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1740 on: December 27, 2021, 08:10:32 AM »
I've been cooking for days. Homemade ravioli for last night and Pozole for today. I'm plum wore out!!

Kids had their Xmas morning activities today and have busied themselves fooling around with all their new stuff.

I'm headed back to the kitchen now...................
Dave, don't stop now??!! What about the Colt Country belated Christmas Party???  and New Years festivities? You've got some cookin' to do fella!! Hop to it.

Nope. I'm on strike for a while. There's plenty of leftovers for dinner for a few days. And as for New Years, we'll be firing up the oven and feasting on frozen finger food. Easy Peasy.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: December 27, 2021, 11:39:26 AM »
I've been cooking for days. Homemade ravioli for last night and Pozole for today. I'm plum wore out!!

Kids had their Xmas morning activities today and have busied themselves fooling around with all their new stuff.

I'm headed back to the kitchen now...................
Dave, don't stop now??!! What about the Colt Country belated Christmas Party???  and New Years festivities? You've got some cookin' to do fella!! Hop to it.

Nope. I'm on strike for a while. There's plenty of leftovers for dinner for a few days. And as for New Years, we'll be firing up the oven and feasting on frozen finger food. Easy Peasy.

We will be eating on leftovers for a few days as well.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: December 27, 2021, 04:32:50 PM »
ate breakfast, drank some coffee, went to dump...

Now, when you say "went to dump"... :thinking-026:
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: December 27, 2021, 05:17:57 PM »
Took the Challenger in today, to have a new clutch installed. Should have it back Thursday. Can't wait!
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: December 27, 2021, 05:50:47 PM »
Took the Challenger in today, to have a new clutch installed. Should have it back Thursday. Can't wait!

Burned a clutch out already? Maybe you should get a stage 3 clutch. It takes a day or two to get used to but once you do you will love it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: December 27, 2021, 07:20:19 PM »

Burned a clutch out already? Maybe you should get a stage 3 clutch. It takes a day or two to get used to but once you do you will love it.

Not burned up Hawg. It actually needed a clutch when I bought the car. The pressure plate springs were soft, and the clutch released 1/4" off the floor. I knew it going in. It took a month to get the parts from Dodge. So I've been babying it for a while.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: December 27, 2021, 08:26:50 PM »

the clutch released 1/4" off the floor.

That sounds like an adjustment problem.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: December 28, 2021, 07:44:08 AM »

the clutch released 1/4" off the floor.

That sounds like an adjustment problem.

There's no adjustment at all. It's hydraulic.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: December 28, 2021, 08:06:43 AM »
There will still be a rod going from the slave cylinder to the clutch arm where you can adjust pedal free play.

Offline Baron Von Kesselwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: December 28, 2021, 08:08:21 AM »
new project arrived, 1999 chevy surburban  4 x 4  ,, needs  motor ,,, crawled under to see what was going on expecting big hole underneath ,, none - strange

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: December 28, 2021, 08:17:22 AM »
new project arrived, 1999 chevy surburban  4 x 4  ,, needs  motor ,,, crawled under to see what was going on expecting big hole underneath ,, none - strange

If it's locked up it could have stacked a bearing or dropped a valve.

Offline Baron Von Kesselwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: December 28, 2021, 06:17:01 PM »
looks like blown head gasket, will check compression in AM, looks like H 2 0 in oil , radiator level low... (&5

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: December 28, 2021, 06:26:38 PM »
Baron, good evening. I hope you can figure out the problem with your vehicle. I must say that I like your choice of emoji👍 Sometimes that’s just what I need to make me smile . Thank you and best of luck to you sir. Tim

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: December 29, 2021, 02:34:58 AM »
Off the evening of the 22nd, through the morning of the 26th. Check is gonna suck, but 3 days will be sexy... annnnd then.
Trying to finish the boss's presents on the 23rd, is my thought, he stacks my days with honey do's that pay. So much for a three-day weekend. Unsuccessfully working on them, and his gifts, decide to park the honey do's until the 24th and work on wrapping up the two projects I started in November.

I've struggled to attach pics and lost replies in the process; I will try again.
I work for Gold Ring Transportation, which is the "husband's" business; the "wife's" business is a Liberty Tax Service.
Honestly? they probably each have a hand in the other's, legally, quotations were used to differentiate.

While I was in training, I was stuck in NYC for 8 days, grabbed the DSLR, and only rudimentarily scratched the surface, liberty, ground Zero, hit some cool stuff.

Blew this up to 20" x 30" and framed it.
(will finish this in a second blurb, or third- after all we are catching up a few days here, lol)

I'm going to give up on attachemnts, and use weblinks. Good Hell

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: December 29, 2021, 02:38:23 AM »
this is what I framed for the boss, on the tax side.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/A9xNyyqv21WP4N3NA